Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Inspiration From Non-Static, Ever-Changing Life

I cannot believe how long I have neglected blogging. I can say I have been truly living this summer though.

That sounds so pleasant. As if I've traveled, found love and seen amazing things. But a full life is also dark, dreary, redundant and even painful.

Don't get me wrong. My life is more blessed than most of the world--financially, emotionally and spiritually.

Since May, I have gone to the Gulf of Mexico with my family, sharing beautiful, sunkissed moments watching our children in the sand, drinking margaritas with the love of my life...

I have never felt so professionally satisfied and valued as in freelance journalism. A memoir project about a foster family has me emotionally engaged.

Life also has its disappointments. My hubby is working towards a professional goal he has dreamed of for the last 12 years. As a significant birthday approaches, he questions if he will ever get there, if he is doing right by his family. He has worked long hours and weekends, which doesn't make life easy on any of us.

We have known loss and pain this summer. The kind where you lay on your bed, avoiding life, desperately watching season after season of The Office searching for a laugh.

I think so much of living an inspired, inspirational life is how you look at it. I love the Italian film, Life is Beautiful. How can a film about a Jewish family in WWII have the word beautiful in the title? Yet how the father portrays life to is young son is lovely.



So I have been living a full life. Hopefully now, it will include bloggin regularly.

What has been happening in your life? What do you do for fun? What do you watch when life hurts?

2 comments:

  1. I just concentrate on the things to be grateful for. Little things we take for granted are awesome, ie, electricity and food on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry things have been rough. I struggle and get low, but know it will eventually pass. Oddly, I tend to gravitate more toward horror when things are at their worst. It's how I remove myself from things.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget