Monday, April 22, 2013

Inspiration from Skiing

This month, I'm participating in the Blogging A to Z April Challenge. My theme is Things That Inspire Me.

We went skiing the beginning of March. Thrilling and terrifying. I pretty much stink at all sports with a ball, but I love hiking, kayaking, skiing, etc. It turns out, however, that I'm pretty pathetic even at the sports I love. No matter, I push on.

My second day skiing, I felt the power of pushing my personal limits. Sure, lots of people can ski a red slope, no problem. But I ain't lots of people.

I think it's important to know where the edge is for each of us personally. Is it talking to a new person? Is it daring to self-publish? Is it moving to a new country or simply saying no? Or saying yes? Push that limit just a little bit further than you ever thought possible.

Whatever your limit is, know that you don't look as pathetic as you think. And imagine that I'm there cheering you on. 'Cause you're a rock star. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Why thank you, for this inspiration! I'm also not so great at sports like that. Give me a volleyball, fine. Skiis? no thanks.

    sound of music

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried skiing once in Russia. It was not an enjoyable experience because my boots were far too tight and I was in pain most of the time. I would however, be up for trying it again someday. :)

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget