Thursday, April 18, 2013

Inspiration from the Pioneer Woman

This month, I'm participating in the Blogging A to Z April Challenge. My theme is Things That Inspire Me.

Today is the book "Pioneer Woman, Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" by Ree Drummond. My brother-in-law gave it to me two Christmases ago. I just read it. Ok, let me explain. It has a cowboy and roses on the cover. After 22 years of growing up in Kansas, I kinda got my fill of westerns, Laura Ingalls, and all that country. I've lived in France for the last 5 years.

Anywho, I just read it. And got a surprise. I won't say "don't judge a book by its cover." I just loving getting a good surprise from a book when I think I know what it's about andddddd nope! It's entirely different. I thought Ree's book was a real-life western romancy thing. And it was. But seen from her city-girl eyes, I really feel in love with her cowboy too. And there are lots of clothes and shoes and hard decisions and embarrassing moments and love. And food. So thanks for the surprise and for getting back into my country rootsy boots. (oh, and thanks to the bro-in-law ;)

2 comments:

  1. love reading book reviews and adding them to my "to read" list- thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great when a book surprises you in a good way. From Kansas to France, quite the transition.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget