Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Inspiration from Oh!

This month, I'm participating in the Blogging A to Z April Challenge. My theme is Things That Inspire Me.

Like a lot of women, I think I'm fairly pretty, but would change some things about my face and figure. At different moments, I think I'm hot, while at others I can hardly look in the mirror. Why do I do this to myself?

The French say, "d'ĂȘtre bien dans sa peau," or to be well in one's skin. What is so hard about just being happy with our appearance?

I just saw this video from a Dove called Real Beauty Sketches. My only reaction was, "oh." You know that expression of realization and amazement?  In this ad, an FBI sketch artist drew women behind a curtain based off their descriptions of themselves, then drew another from a stranger's description. The difference in opinion is shocking, while both are clearly of the same woman.

This inspired me to work on being a little happier to be me, triangle nose, flat chest, kangaroo feet, warm eyes, good chin, pretty hair and all!

8 comments:

  1. That was wonderful. I finished the video by saying oh too. Thank you for sharing my beauty with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Interesting video! I like myself just the way God created me! It's so important to like and love yourself! I wouldn't change anything about my face. Its its something like weight that I can work on that can always be accomplished.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting how beauty goes beyond just health issues, being fit, etc. Though those endorphins from exercise and eating well do boost my self-image. Speaking of which...gonna go work out a bit ;) Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. I recently saw this as well, it's so incredibly interesting.

    Enjoying your blog!

    Swinging by from A-Z!

    http://jenelleschmidt.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Wow, that's amazing. It's kind of like how you hear yourself on a recording, it's so different. BUt it makes sense because it's always shocking to me to hear others talk badly about themselves who I see as beautiful and think are amazing. This is a good reminder to be kind to yourself and believe in your beauty and amazingness!

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming! Yes, it's easy for me to see beautiful people - the mirror should be the same way.

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget