Friday, April 12, 2013

Inspiration from Kids on a Bus


This month I'm participating in the Blogging A to Z April Challenge. My theme is Things That Inspire Me.

The other day, I was driving home from Bordeaux. My kiddos were snoozing in the backseat, the Ipod was proving some tunes, traffic was rolling along (thank the Lord) and the sun was setting. Life was pretty good.

At a red light, I stopped behind a bus of schoolchildren, probably about 8-10 year olds. A little boy waved at me. Aww. I waved back. A couple of his classmates joined in. Double awww. Then it was just a dark-haired little girl who kept turning around in her seat to wave to me every couple seconds. So I did what any self-respecting adult would do in that situation. I crossed my eyes and stuck out my tongue, I stretched out my long neck and did my lizard imitation, I pulled my ears down and did my Yoda impersonation. Soon the whole back seat of the bus was goofing off. I could see them screaming. It was great.

Then the light turned green.

A little disoriented after my brief interlude with my inner child, I had to remember how to shift gears and accelerate. As I passed the slow bus, the kids all waved to me again.

Thanks for the smile, kiddos. I want to grow up to be like you. Waving and smiling to a complete stranger, just because you yourself are happy. May you keep that joy and continue to spread it around. 

2 comments:

  1. That's great! I love it when I'm on a train, and children will wave as we go past. Can't help but feel like you're 5 years old again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I did exactly the same thing once and it was soooo much fun! Stopping by the A-Z, and am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget