Monday, April 8, 2013

Inspiration from a Genius

This month, I'm participating in the Blogging A to Z April Challenge. My theme is Things That Inspire Me.

When you saw the title of this post, who did you think of? It's possible you thought of Albert Einstein, scientist and theoretical physicist.

I recently came across a blog post on Dumb Little Man that used quotes from Einstein to give ten life lessons. It's a great post, which should be read in entirety, but here are the quotes:

“I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.”

“It's not that I'm so smart; it's just that I stay with problems longer.”

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.”

“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”
  
“I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.”

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
  
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

“Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.”

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” 
 
    

1 comment:

  1. There are some great quotes here, Jenna:

    "Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." -- this resonates with me. I can be "successful" in terms of money, fame, whatever, but I'd sooner leave a legacy for my children. Something they can point to, and point their children to, and say "my father did this, and we're better for it."

    "Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience." -- How I wish people would learn the difference between wisdom and knowledge. Just because you win at Jeopardy, and can cream anyone at Trivial Pursuit, that doesn't mean you're smart. My mother-in-law is always berating herself because she's hopeless at quizzes. She feels like she doesn't know enough. Yet she's clearly an intelligent person (she's the mother of my smart wife, after all!). Here's a Doctor Who example for you: Leela, one of the Fourth Doctor's assistant. She's a savage with very little fact-knowledge. Yet she's very intelligent, and thinks quickly. One of the reasons she's one of my favorites. :)

    A very thought-provoking post, Jenna! :)

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget