Friday, April 5, 2013

Inspiration from Eating

This month, I'm participating in the Blogging A to Z April Challenge. My theme is Things That Inspire Me.

You know when you end up getting dinner late and by the time that fork actually reaches your mouth, you're famished? After a few more bites, after you've slowed down a bit, you say, "Ah, it's good to eat."

I love that.

Not so much eating until I pop, or eating when I feel peckish. But eating when I'm good and hungry. It makes me pray of everyone who feels the hunger without the satisfaction.

I love cooking too and eating different flavors and savors. Here's the dinner that inspired me the other night.

Aiguillettes de canard (duck strips) in a red wine sauce with apples and pears.

Sautéed Zucchini, onions and garlic

Tome de Savoie cheese

Red wine from Bergerac, not far from here.

Yup, eating that get's me inspired. The dishes from making it...not so much ;)  Good grief, I love French food.

5 comments:

  1. That looks amazingly delicious! I've never tried duck before, but that has my mouth watering.

    It's definitely inspiring me to eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog post. Eating is one of my favorite topics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand why you love eating and cooking. What you described sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget