Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Inspiration from Cleaning

This month, I'm participating in the Blogging A to Z April Challenge. My theme is Things That Inspire Me.

Lately I've been funk-y. Not funky cool. I mean "in a funk" or "in a slump." But as an adjective. I don't know, maybe I'm just more susceptible to weather and hormones and moods. There are just days when I can't even spell motivation.

Then the sun will shine (like today) and suddenly, I have an almighty desire to do things.

But even on days when I don't feel motivated, I've found a little solution to get me up and running. Cleaning.

Yup, a wiped-down kitchen, a vacuumed living room, a tidy work area; it'll get me all inspired. I don't necessarily like scrubbing and washing. But boyhowdy, it'll get me moving on to something else (like writing) with a feeling of purpose. Plus, when the next thing is done, the house is all tidy too.

Warning: I have to not let cleaning distract me, however, into organizing toy boxes, hunting marker caps and reassembling puzzles, or else I never move on to anything else. Then it's anti-inspiration ;)

8 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool - I will check it out. I hope you enjoyed today's/yesterday's posts here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something very refreshing about cleaning. I am actually taking a few days off of work this week to do that! Good ole spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something about the sun coming through dirty wintery windows ;) Have fun - bon courage!

      Delete
  4. Funny how cleaning and inspiration can go hand-in-hand, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot relate to cleaning as inspiration, but I enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget