Monday, April 1, 2013

Inspiration from the A-Team

This month, I'm participating in the Blogging A to Z April Challenge. You can go here to learn all about this bloghop and see the 1000+blogs that are joining in to blog on each letter of the alphabet throughout the month. My theme is Things That Inspire Me.

Normally I blog about where other people got their inspiration, the true life stories behind a movie or book, or from real life that inspires you, or a book or movie that us something to inspire you/my writing. This month, I'm doing random things that tickle me.

Last Sunday night, we turned on a movie that we could "turn off when we were tired." Yeah, right. We ended up being so entertained that we watched the whole thing. Of course we were trying to hold on tight to the weekend as long as we could too.

The film was the A-Team from a couple years back. I haven't seen much of the original series, but I know this movie is a hoot. I could call this Inspiration from Crazy. 'Cause that's what it's all about; having some wild, crazy idea and the guts to pull it off. I think I need to remember that in my writing and in my life. Be the one who's insane enough to actually succeed at whatever you do.

The movie's got some pretty funny lines and scenes.
The CIA agents talk about Capt. Sosa:
"You know she's DOD, don't you?"
"I don't care if she's GOD..."

When Face gets punched in the face by the angry Mexican, he yells, "Now it's a party!"

When hiring Murdock as their pilot, Face and BA object:
"He set my arm on fire!"
"He sewed a lightening bolt on mine."

Murdock wearing 3D glasses says, "I can see the bullets in 3D; its like we're really being hot at!" Which they are.

I love Murdock spinning on the blade of the helicopter before the take off, choking the engine so the missiles seek each other and that whole helicopter chase scene.

I love the German grandma yelling at her husband for throwing the dynamite into the lake and then laughing when the tank lands next to him and flips his boat.

But, of course, there's the scene where they fly a tank. Yup. Check out the clip.



5 comments:

  1. I watched Tuscany under the sun last night. Not quite the same as your movie, but I reminisced about my travels in Italy and that put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - Amy here from the A-Z challenge. Very pleased to meet you...and I am "inspired" by your theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched A-Team this weekend too for the first time. I can't believe I missed that movie. It was great. My favorite line: "I love it when a plan comes together." What confidence, gall...I wish it could be bottled and sold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there from A to Z :) New follower here and great post!

    "They trying to shoot down that other drone?"

    "No...they're trying to fly that tank."

    The look on her face is priceless and this is the absolute best line in the film! Being a big fan of the original series, I was skeptical when I went to see this but, it totally blew me away and I loved it. A great, fun, movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to see how you've adapted your theme for the A to Z!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget