Saturday, March 2, 2013

Inspiration from War Horse

As usual, I'm behind on my movie-watching. Shamefully, I know. I've heard great things about Lincoln and Les Miserables...but we've been watching Big Bang Theory while we fall asleep on the couch;)

I did recently enjoy a quiet evening watching War Horse. Yeah, it's one of those movies where you know going into it that it's not going to be real happy i.e. a horse and his roles and troubles throughout World War 1. I appreciate the history presented, seeing the different positions horses had in the war, the dangers they faced. I most of all enjoyed the character of the horse's boy, not the role he played, but who he was. One of the scenes at the beginning, as the boy and horse work together to plow an impossible field, touched me as I'm sure it did all the viewers. The tenacity to work hard, the courage to save the family from destitution, the love for his animal and the passion to follow through. Even later in the film, we see the young man's strong spirit as he faces once again being separated from his treasured horse. I know that I'll be showing this film to my son when he reaches adolescence. This is the kind of character that I search for in literature, media, life.



4 comments:

  1. I loved the War Horse. It was a great flick. I saw both Lincoln and Les Mis. They were both very good. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about this movie but alas I haven't seen it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard so many good things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Meandering in a Field of Words" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/03/sites-to-see_8.html

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget