Saturday, February 16, 2013

Inspiration from the Back

I don't think we think about our backs enough. We worry about our abs, if our fly is open, if that spot on our shirt is water or really a stain. But our backs don't get a lot of attention from us - just from the people behind us.

I've been thinking about my back lately. You might think I'm gonna go on about back story in a novel or something. This time, I'm being literal. My back hurts, and I'm still in my 20s. I've never been athletic (I scored 16 in bowling once. Nine times in a row I didn't knock down a single thingy), but now I'm working on getting stronger, stretching and stuff. I doubt the coordination will ever come, though ;)

As a society, we sit around a lot. I'm sitting as I type this! Here's a video where Dr. Eric Goodman shares about this Foundation Training method. I found this TED video inspiring for all the writers who sit staring at a screen or notebook for hours, all the readers cuddled in hidey-holes. Don't forget to give your back and body a good stretch!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget