Saturday, November 3, 2012

Inspired Author Saturday: George Lucas

Ok, the last two Saturdays, I've forgotten or just plain not posted. Now I feel really bad. Bad llama.
And today I'm gonna be lazy again. I have an excuse. November 1st was another French holiday, Toussaint, and my parents-in-law came for the weekend since our kiddo's birthday is the 6th.

So here's just a lil Star Wars note. George Lucas was inspired by lots of things for the famous sci-fi. For example, the pod race in Phantom Menace looks a lot like the chariot race in Ben-Hur (shot-for-shot, they say, but I haven't verified that). Do you know other sources of Mr. Lucas' inspiration?

4 comments:

  1. Life does that. Intervenes. Do what needs to be done (b'day parties are important milestones in a kid's life) and then come back and blog.

    Did I miss your travel posts to the south of France?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. I've done a couple travel posts here...
      http://www.jennaquentin.blogspot.fr/2012/10/inspiration-from-rats.html
      http://www.jennaquentin.blogspot.fr/2012/10/inspiration-from-odors.html
      More to come ;)

      Delete
  2. Let's just hope Disney maintains the Lucas ideals as they plow ahead with new Star Wars movies. And also: Life should always take precedence over blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of new ones scares me! Thanks for the encouragement (holding a feverish baby while typing this :(

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget