Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Inspiration from Music

He used to get up early, watch an action movie, flip through the news or play a computer game from the 90's.


Not anymore. It was 6am, he was changing a poopy diaper and turning on a Disney.


By now he had the experience to realize the diaper change would go smoother if he turned on the movie first. As the orchestral soundtrack flowed, a gritty cowboy voice sang, "Here I am, this is me..."

The father looked in his young son's large brown eyes, which were full of adoration. "It's new world, it's a new start, it's alive with the beating of young hearts..." He thought of the unborn baby girl curled in her sleeping mother's womb upstairs.


"Here I am."


The father wiped his tears, cuddled his preschooler and decided there was nowhere else on earth he'd rather be.

(Bryan Adams,  from Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, for those who don't watch enough kids' movies ;)

2 comments:

  1. I find that I can't write without music, but it needs to be wordless. Orchestral, jazzy, instrumental. Think Rachmaninoff or Philip Glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww. That reminds me of changing my kid's nappies. Only I sung My Way when doing it.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget