Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Inspiration from Jane Fonda

When I read the title of this video was something like life's third act, I thought, "Oh, this isn't for me, but I'm sure it's for someone." An eleven minutes is really long (I'm from the short-attention-span generation, apparently ;)

I was wrong. I found this very encouraging in a personal way. It was good to think of my life, and my life's work, as a staircase of growing wisdom and accumulated knowledge. Because if it's an arc, this is supposed to be my high point, and everything goes down hill after these 10 years or so...I be in trouble! I appreciated what she says about neurological pathways in the brain - must be careful how I train that brain.

Anywho, enough spoilers. Watch this - 11 minutes is very short compared to the rest of your life ;)

2 comments:

  1. Though I don't like yer politics (she was in Vietnam when my husband was) I do appreciate her view on aging. thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could watch it but I have no sound on my computer :( I'll have to check it out on the other one.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget