Saturday, August 25, 2012

Inspired Author Saturday

I've been thinking of doing a regular feature on Saturdays, highlighting the inspiration of the authors of our favorite classics, bestsellers and little-known treasures. 

I'm going to dig up some good stories behind the stories. I will also be hosting guest posts, either talking about where you got the idea for your masterpiece, or on the inspiration of an author you've researched.

This is the button I'm working on - the spark of an idea (pun intended). The first post of this series will be up next week!

Tell me what you think of this idea, button, if you've got an idea...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea. I like research as well, and your idea about info on who inspired us (in our writing) is something I haven't seen on other blogs.

    Try it out. Test drives are okay.
    Have a great weekend, Jenna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. How about those authors who had to, or felt they had to, self-publish or overcome sex discrimination? Mark Twain, Edith Wharton, George Elliot et al.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fun series! I always love hearing about sources of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement - we'll give it a go!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget