Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Inspiration to Live

A while back, I read this article, Top Five Regrets of The Dying. It says the top things people regret on their deathbed are:  

I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
I wish I didn’t work so hard. 
I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends. 
I wish that I had let myself be happier.    

I have to admit, I'm a worrier. I'm not a big risk-taker. I'm a people-pleaser. I realize that whenever I'm not happy, it's usually because I'm either worried about the future, or wondering if I should have done something different in the past. And unlike a game of Monopoly, you can't just restart this game! 

Anywho, I'm feeling very inspired to just live today intentionally. What about you? 

7 comments:

  1. James Brown, an old R & B man said, 'You got to live for yourself and nobody else.' While not to be taken verbatim, he has a point. It's better to be like Edith Piaf, 'No, I have no regrets'. (two fantastic singers from different eras)

    I'm a worrier too, and find it hard to take hub's advice, 'don't worry about what you can't change'. Writing helps. Sometimes we need to take time for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughts! James Brown and Edith Piaf...I smell a musical post coming up...

      Delete
  2. That's a great attitude! And it's hard to keep up, sometimes, and not get lost in the details. I think the biggest challenge is to go out and live, but remain true to yourself. I can be a worrier to, and it's easy for me to think "I should go live and try skydiving," but that's not who I am. It takes a lot more courage to live a full life that is true to your character than to successfully live someone else's life. :)
    Great post, Jenna. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I'm never gonna ride a bull name Fumanchu (do you know that country song?)

      Delete
  3. I try to measure every single action I take by whether or not I'll regret my life because of it when I come to the end. It really does change how one makes choices. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could I maybe use those regrets above for a post on my small blog? Don't like just stealing ideas. :-)

      Delete
    2. This blog is here to inspire you, so go write ahead (pun intended;) Thanks for your thoughts!

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget