Saturday, June 2, 2012

Inspiration from a Zoo

It's Saturday - time to hang out, watch a movie with the family, take a walk, see friends for lunch...

If you're needing some inspiration, here's a family film inspired by a true story, We Bought a Zoo, with Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson.  I think the title kinda tells you what it's about. The real zoo, called Dartmoor Zoo lives on in Devon, southern of England. The story was changed a bit for the film, though the main character/person, Benjamin Mee agree to them. They were small-ish things, like the escape bear was really a jaguar, the kids were younger and the zoo took longer to buy. Still, it's great to see a wonderful real life story given exposure and made into a sweet film. Watch it and let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. I have been on the fence about WE BOUGHT A ZOO, for I usually stay away from true stories since they usually end badly. But from your review I think I will take a chance on it. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting, Roland :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice movie - hope you enjoy it. I will say that it was a little Disney-predictable, which seemed odd to me!

      Delete
  2. ...this was a cute flik that my entire family enjoyed ;)

    El

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget