Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Inspiration from Bizarre

I've talked about inspiration from dreams before, but this was just plan weird.

I was traveling in China with my little sister. We arrived in a shiny domed space-port. We had a bit of a layover, so we went to look around. Taking the gyro-rail we accidentally discovered ruins of the old civilization. Evidently, it was not what the current administration wanted outsiders to see (little too much Stargate SG1?). Soldiers took us into custody.

We were taken to the big man himself; Santa Claus. Of course, he was the one in charge of China at this point. I tried to negotiate our release, claiming our innocence, promising our silence etc. I didn't want to miss our flight, and my sis had left her sweater and shoes in the space-port bathroom. But that guy is scary. Santa said, "The only way you're leaving is if you win a one-on-one battle; you and me."

We went to a red and white-striped bouncy house to fight it out. Obviously, he has years of experience and a couple hundred pounds on me, so the first round wasn't pretty.

A kind-hearted fairy came to my aid with a jar of invisible paint. She started on my arms, then got distracted and didn't finish. I waited. I was a little worried, 'cause it was an awfully small jar and I could still see my arms where she had put it. Sure, they were now light blue, but not invisible by a long shot. "I haven't put on the glittery swirls yet," the fairy explained. "You'll blend in with the background."

Um, did I mention the bouncy house/boxing ring was red and white-striped? "Do you have a shower of this stuff that would just coat all of me real quick?" I asked. But the fairy had fluttered off to do more good deeds. It seemed Santa Claus had also lost interest in doing a second round, so we were sent back to the space-port. Now if I could only find where my sister left her sweater and shoes...

So, do you think there's any piece of that dream that could become inspiration? Have you had a dream like that? Are you secretly scared of Santa? Who do you think runs China?    

10 comments:

  1. This post is absolutely filled with awesome. :D I laughed the entire time - don't you love dreams? My favorite is when I was being chased through a multi-story shopping mall by the CIA (I think...) and ran out onto a balcony where I was stuck until Batman helped me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha I get dreams like that but in the mornings I'm usually like: "whaaaaaaat?!" and then promptly forget what I'd dreamed. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember 'cause I'm up with the baby, so I amuse myself thinking through my dream ;)

      Delete
  3. I think you could definitely use the "invisible paint" and the "glittery swirls" part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From a ditzy fairy...there might be a malfunction later on...yup, I'm seeing it (or not, because "it" is invisible.)

      Delete
  4. lol! Best dream ever. Have you read Insurgent? There's actually a scene in there that reminds me of your dream. Too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it - have to check it out!

      Delete
  5. I love dreams like that, you don't know what's going on and you have to figure it out in the dream, because you probably won't remember it when you wake up!
    I love how you used China, Santa Claus, invisible paint and a fairy in one post/dream!
    Thanks for the post!
    PS Which sister was it?

    -Luvs

    Gracie

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget