Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Inspiration from Stargate

Stargate - Japan Expo 2009I am neck deep in science-fiction, world-building, ancient cultures, space travel and mythology. I am saying things with apostrophes, like Gao'uld, Teal'c and zat'nik'tel. I'm going through wormholes in time and space, through the Stargate. 
If you've seen Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis or Stargate Universe, you know what I mean. I've seen random epsiodes before, but now we're going through, season by season. I'm taking this as serious training in world buidling. Every time I talk about my work in progress, The Magicless,  I see new holes or someone has a question on how something works. I think I'm working on my imagination through Stargate. (and it's fun!)



What are you working on in your WIP? Is there a TV series that inspires you? Have you seen any Stargate movies/episodes?

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Jenna! I followed you over from Misha's blog and it is such a pleasure to meet you. I'm following your blog posts now and look forward to hanging in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any of the Stargates. I'm on the lookout for something new. I'll have to give these a try. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget