Sunday, April 8, 2012

Inspriation on Easter

First, Happy Easter! This festival day is so important to me, more than Christmas or any other celebration.  You can read more about me in the "Who am I? I'm the Doctor" page. Suffice to say, on Easter, I celebrate how Jesus changed my life by giving up His and then coming back to life again. He is risen! 

I have blogging inspiration as well, from Richard P. Hughes, who has tagged me in his Lucky 7 post! Thanks for thinking of me - what an honor.
Now for this award, I went to page 77 of my WIP, the Magicless, to the 7th line, and wrote out the next 7 sentences (I didn't count dialogue tags). Voil√†: 

“Do you know much about sewing with magic?” Pierre asked her. 
She blushed. “A little. You want me to sew these to our jackets?”
Pierre nodded. “I'll separate it into threads.”
It was slow work, tacking the bars of magic into crosses inside the jackets. Pierre took his flannel shirt by the sleeves and held it up. The wind caught it, puffing it into a parachute. The magic flexed but didn't detach from the shirt.

Here's the 7 folks that I will tag and notify:
Charlotte at Charlotte's Library
Catherine Stine at IDEA CITY 
Anna Tan at deeply shallow 
Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited at Dads UnLimited   
Deb Marshall at Just Deb  

Be sure to come back tomorrow for more A to Z Challenge fun. Thanks to all the new commentors and followers for coming by!

11 comments:

  1. Okay, now that's magic. Good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. However as much I would love to accept this, I don't have a WIP that long at this moment or really any WIP with any substance, they are still mere outlines in my head. Good luck on yours though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck getting those blockbuster ideas out for us to enjoy too!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tag, Jenna!
    I'm gonna have to dig up one of my older (languishing, abandonded) WIPs for this - the current ones I'm working on don't reach 77 pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea is wasted? Hopefully some of those oldies are goodies ;)

      Delete
    2. Psst... I just posted it. :)

      Delete
  4. He is risen!

    Congratulations on your lucky 7 tag - love the idea of sewing with magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my sewing projects would go more smoothly with a bit more magic - I always start with such high hopes ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for tagging me! I had fun with this-- http://charlotteslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/meme-of-7-my-seven-most-recent-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jenna, I'll have to work this game into one of the alphabet letters.... hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget