Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Inspiration from V

Inspiration from Vincent Van Gogh

Why can't that man remember when it's trash night? It's even written on a note on lid; Wednesday night, Sunday night and Thursday night for recyclables! Now I've gotta get my shoes on and go all the way to the end of the alley! All the way out there. Well, at least I like walking in the dark. Meandering in the silent countryside. Wrapped in obscurity in a field of whispering grass. Meandering in a field of words.

Hey, it's not a cold as I thought. The trash bag is heavy, but it's beautiful night. Wow, look at all those stars. Amazing astres. Like the Kansas motto, Ad Astra Per Aspera, through hardships to the stars. They make being made about taking out the trash seem pretty petty.

A night like tonight makes you wish you could paint. I bet it was a French night sky like this that inspired Vincent Van Gogh. 

They even say he painted the stars accurately, like Venus in White House at Night which would have been bright in the evening sky in June 1890 when they think he painted it. There are physicists, astronomers and mathematicians who can tell you just how accurate his paintings are. But I imagine it was on an ordinary night walk like this that he was so taken with what he saw that he had to paint it.
 



"I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day." Vincent Van Gogh

Have you been inspired by a walk at night? By a famous painting? By the stars?





5 comments:

  1. I like the night. One of my favorite one acts is mostly set at night. A creepy one act called "Lurker" by Don Nigro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring post. I'm a sun person mostly, but at night, the sky here in Mexico is stunning. I like to lie on a chaise lounge and just stare. And nature inspires me...it just keeps thriving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get me a lounging chair for our patio asap!

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favorite paintings. I love looking up at the night sky. Wish I weren't so tired so early in the night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tired out too! Here's to sleeping all day so we can stay up!

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget