Thursday, March 8, 2012

Inspiration from Documentaries

I don't know if you all have ever experience postpartum-ness. I'm grateful to be in good health, to have a loving helpful family, a sweet baby who eats and sleeps like a champ and all, so I'm not here to complain. Just sayin' my stomach skin is baggy and pouchy, I have a death-like grip on my chocolate...and I'd love a coffee but won't have one 'cause I'm nursing.

I know that it wasn't directed at me personally, but my hubby is going through a food documentary spree i.e. Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and Super Size Me (see below). We rarely eat fast food (once a month maybe?) and I cook just about everything from scratch, but I have to say that they're doing a good job of inspiring to keep eating well and get back into shape. So I'm downing a carrot juice and thinking about doing some crunches.

What are some documentaries that have inspired you?

7 comments:

  1. You need to see Food Inc if you want a documentary! I've also really wanted to see Fat Head. That one my mom really recommended. I believe it takes a look at Supersize Me. Not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love LOVE jamie oliver... Nathan and i watch alot of his stuff...very encouraging and inspiring stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched any of those food documentaries. But I have done the postpartumness--four times. It will get better. I promise. Just persevere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! Today I started exercising ;)

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen those documentaries. Probably because I eat a lot of fast food :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you're talking to the right guy when it comes to anything to do with food. I love the Food Network, cooking shows and food documentaries. I loved, LOVED Super Size Me! Poor guy, I felt so sorry for him by the end of the movie. His levels all were all borderline heart attack by the end of it all! But the funniest part (or should I say horrifying part) was the fries segment. Days & days & days & days past and those fries just wouldn't decompose! It was hilarious!!! Anyway, if he likes that sort of stuff, have him watch Sicko. What's food without healthcare, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I love food too - fortunately, I love cooking too much to eat crappy fast food very often ;) And the healthcare industry not caring about nutrition is one of my peeves!

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget