Thursday, March 22, 2012

Inspiration from French Kiss

Kevin Kline and Meg Ryan. In France. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look up the 1995 movie, French Kiss. My favorite scene is where Luc shows Kate a project he did in school.

"First you must take some wine. Can you describe it? The taste?"
She sips. "It's a nice red wine."
"I think you can do better."
She puts a hand on her hip."A bold wine with a hint of sophistication and lacking in pretension; Actually, I was just talking about myself. I don't.." She gets embarrassed.

"No, no, you're right. Wine is like people. The vine takes in all the influences and the life from around it, it absorbs them and it gets its personality.Smell this."

"Rosemary, Lavendar.Cassis, currant, mint. "

"They're all in the ground here and in the air. Now, taste the wine again. close your eyes."
She takes a slow swallow. "Currant. You can taste that right away. And from the brown bottle. Lavendar? Incredible. And you made this box?"

Today, I am a vine, taking in the life around me to make a beautiful wine...or book...what 'bout you?

4 comments:

  1. You had me at FRENCH KISS. Love that movie, and need to watch it again soon. I'm a big Kevin Kline fan.

    Is the vine the first draft? Which would make the flowers the second draft, the grapes the MS when it's sent out for queries, and the wine is the published work? If that's so, I'm still growing that vine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouaip (don't suppose you know the French cowboy, Lucky Luke?). The wine is the published work - hopefully, 2012 will be a good year (for wine and books ;)

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've seen this movie... I need to fix that!
    PS - Thanks for following my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment. I haven't seen this film but I remember hearing about it around the year 1995 when I was 5 or 6 years old. Due to the title, I thought it was the rudest thing ever! I remember giggling whenever the advert came on or anybody mentioned it :D

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget