Saturday, January 14, 2012

Inspiration from a Korean Orphan

I have it good. So good, that I invent things to complain about. Usual while sitting on my comfy couch, next to my chief listener/husband, often while watching TV. Yup, life is good.

As I've said before, TV can be a source of inspiration (Falling Skies, Lie to Me, CSI, House M.D.) if used appropriately. It can even be used to take you down a notch. Do I sound like I'm making excuses for my screen-watching addiction? Probably. But I call it multi-task relaxation.

Here's something from the Korean version of America's Got Talent. I hope this gives you lots of writing ideas and life ideas this Saturday. If a five-year-old Korean orphan boy can keep himself alive, get his middle grade GED, make it through high school...and then go on to realize his dream of singing...then you should be inspired to do just about anything!

6 comments:

  1. WOW...definitely have tears in my eyes. What an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when he opens his mouth adn opera comes out! I was thinking it would be some American pop song maybe!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm going to try to find out "the rest of the story"...

      Delete
  3. That's beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it - thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget