Saturday, October 15, 2011

Inspiration for your life...do something!

I'm writing this on Friday. But I know Saturday will be a beautiful morning in the French countryside; a little nippy, the sun burning away the mist off the Isle river, crusty butter croissants. My child will wake up safe in his warm little bed, I will cuddle next to my gentle husband and place his hand on my round belly to feel the strong kicks of our unborn child. We will eat, play, laugh.

This is not the morning that many people around the world will have.The following video was inspiring to me, to my life. My mom's motto is "See a need and meet it." So often we ignore the needs, or fail to meet them, or decide we can't. I don't fully understand India's caste system, but I know that culturally, this man "shouldn't" be doing this. these people are actually called the Untouchables, yet he bathes them, feeds them, loves them.

As Jesus Christ said, “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’"

So be inspired to do something in your corner of the world! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget