Saturday, October 1, 2011

All Doodled Up

"I'm applying for a new villain loan. Go by the name of Vector. It's a mathematical term; a quantity represented by an arrow with both direction and magnitude. Vector! That's me, because I'm committing crimes with direction and magnitude." What film? Hint, I watch a lot of kid's movies right now! Italian white grapes to whoever gets it right in the comments!

Do you ever doodle while you're talking on the phone? Little drawings or little phrases? Do you ever explore where that little doodle could lead you?

Great works have come from doodles. J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, the prequel to Lord of the Rings, was inspired from a doodle. "On a blank leaf I scrawled: 'In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.' I did not and do not know why.' The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, No 163, to W.H. Auden, dated 1955. Can you imagine if he had discarded that thought? No Lord of the Rings.

What happened when Theodor Geisel doodle, what happened? "'Horton' came one day when I drew a picture of an elephant, a sort of doodle. Then I doodled a tree, and in an accidental shu·e, the transparent paper showed an elephant in a tree. Then all I had to do was figure out what an elephant would be sitting in a tree." Of Sneetches and Whos and the Good Dr. Seuss. And voila, Horton Hatches the Egg.

What doodles have you used? We wanna hear or see them!!

What doodles should you use? No ideas? Let your brilliant mind wander!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget