Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

First, a big thank you is due to Cacy Duncan, who gave me the Stylish Blogger Award! As per the rules, I'll say seven things about myself and then nominate 10 other bloggers.

1. My husband is my meanest, bluntest, most loving critique (and he's always right). If I can survive him, I'll survive any editor/agent. Telling him I wrote for hours makes him happier than a four-course meal (and this Frenchman likes his food!).
2. I'm not Gertrude Stein, but America is my country and France is my hometown...except for Paris. We don't get along.
3. My first story was at a school assignment to write about being shipwrecked on a desert island. I mixed it up. I wrote about a shipwreck in the desert. I wondered how the ship go into all that sand, but hey! who was I to question.
4. The first magazine story I sold was about the death of my grandfather.
5. I hate being cold.
6. I was born at home and gave birth to my son at home. Yes, on purpose, yes, attended by professionals, yes, with all precautions necessary. And yes, it was a wonderful drug-free experience that I'm ready to repeat!
7. I love sci-fi, futuristic stuff, fairy tales, dystopian novels, aliens, clone, cyborgs, Dr.Who...all that stuff. Can't get enough.

And in no particular order, the stylish bloggers who I've been getting to know...
Shawn Lamb
Jan Markley 
Angela Cerrito
Melissa Ruebke
Laurie Cutter
Sarah Chadbourn 
Peter Ginna
E.C. Smith
Beth Revis
Tahereh Mafi

5 comments:

  1. Big wave, Jeanna! I just popped by for a visit and what do you know? You gave me the Stylish Blogger Award. Thank you so much! Off to get my list of 7 things together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the most awesome shipwreck story to ever be written by anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I've enjoyed becoming acquainted with you and your stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of you! It's great to know these are read and to begin to have a network or writerly friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenna, thanks for the mention! I like reading your blog too. *waves from across the ocean*

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget