Thursday, March 31, 2011

Walking Stories: Beautiful things...

I saw at least five wonderful things today, though of course, there were others that I just failed to notice.

1) On the tram, a young man in his twenties told the girl beside him, "Tu as souvent raison, en fait. You are often right, in fact." He wasn't even being sarcastic! And she, bless her heart, did not respond that of course she's right...all the time.

2) A stressed-out mom started crying and was comforted, hugged and kissed, hands were joined and she was prayed for by a group of women.


3) On the tram ride home, a toddler started waving out the window at people waiting across the station. A gangster-looking teenager dude broke into a huge smile, pointing his umbrella as if tickling the baby. It lasted all of twenty seconds before the tram pulled away, but it was a ray of sunshine through grey clouds.

4) When switching trams, a woman in her sixties graciously gave her seat to a young mom with a sleeping baby strapped to her front and a backpack on her back. You'd be amazed; it is almost always a middle-aged woman who does this.

5) Walking down the street, a rose in full bloom stood in a wondow vase of the Rembrantesque antique furniture repair atelier. 

What did you notice today? Marvelous things? Disgusting things?

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely cheerful post. I try to have a daily gratitude moment, otherwise it's all too easy to get bogged down in the things that irritate.

    Let me think. My gratitude moment for today is the sound of a distant lawnmower, the garden birds chirping in the garden and a soft breeze wafting through the window of my studio. I am blessed.

    Judy Croome, South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful that you noticed those things, most people are too preoccupied with their own lives to notice the beauty in others. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy - Aww, I can smell the freshly cut grass and hear those bidrdies!

    Jan - When I think I'll go crazy living in the city for another second, I try to look up a little higher than the dog pooped sidewalks. I think I'd go nuts otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget