Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Writing, words and new worlds

The first story I remember writing was a school assignment when I was about six. I was to write about being shipwrecked on a desert island. I wrote about being shipwrecked in the desert, complete with an illustration of a ship stuck in the sand. Perhaps this was a sign, both of how much I love to write and of how I love to create my own reality!

Since then, I've studied with the Institute of Childrens Literature and been published in several magazines, including Focus on the Family's Clubhouse and Brio. From stories about my uncle in Wyoming with his trusty airhorn, to teenage articles dealing with grief, I try to tell all the wonderful stories God has given me.

I am creating this blog as an outlet for my writing thoughts and a forum for my readership as I begin my adventure in the world of books. It is still a work in progress, but I hope soon to annouce my middle grade novel, which is, of course, in a fantasy world. I hope to soon find a publisher for this idea hatched from Dr. Gary Chapman's book, the Five Love Languages.

Please feel free to comment or email me with questions - I'd love to hear from others who are excited about writing, knowing about God, fantasy, the Five Love Languages or really anything in life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget